10.15.2016

Cole by Megan O'Brien

Title: Cole
Published:  February 21, 2014


PURCHASE HERE:
iBOOKS / BARNES & NOBLE / KOBO / AMAZON }

For eight years I’d been content with my quiet life. I was safe in the bubble I’d built for myself. But I wasn’t really living.

Until one chance encounter changed it all.

Scarlet Malone has lived quietly for years hiding from her past. Aside from her best friend Kat she doesn’t allow herself to get close to anyone. Then Cole Jackson, Vice President of The Knights MC comes bursting into her life with his gorgeous eyes and fierce determination to have her in his bed and his life.

Scarlet’s letting her walls down for the first time in her life. Could Cole really be her happily ever after?

When Scarlet’s past becomes their present will she run to protect those she loves? Or can she trust in Cole to protect her life and her heart?

This is the story of Scarlet and Cole.

Book One of the Ride Series. Can be read as a stand-alone.

* Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Scarlet is not new in the MC world. She grew up on one and know the lifestyle they are living. An incident made Scarlet leave her hometown and now in a new town she is more guarded and alert, so when Cole the VP of The Knights MC, offered a ride she doesn’t want to do anything with him since she is on the run. But Cole has another plan. Sooner Scarlet finds herself agreeing to a date and knowing the MC lifestyle she doesn’t want any of those but the more they spend time together the more Scarlet realize that there is more to Cole and that she is trusting and falling for him.

Just as when Cole and Scarlet finding their way together, Scarlet’s past comes back and she knows anyone with and by her isn’t safe anymore. For a moment she even thought of running away for anyone to be safe but Cole and the Knights MC will do everything to keep her safe. Not just because she is with Cole but because of their father’s history.

I really love to read books with strong female lead. And Scarlet is one. She is strong and independent but at the same time vulnerable and kind. She rather risk herself than risking the life of the people she care about. And Cole is an Alpha male lead. He was possessive, tough and loving. He took and his MC family took care of their own. I also love the camaraderie of the other characters. Kat and Sal, Connie and Wes.

The downside in this book for me personally is that, this is just Scarlet’s point of view. I love books with dual POV (Point of View). I wanna know what is in Cole’s mind. I wanna know his views. But overall, it was a great story and a great read!


MEGAN O'BRIEN

Megan O'Brien is the best selling author of The Ride Series and the Talon Security Series. She has a passion of a good love story and most enjoys writing stories with an alpha male and strong female characters.

Megan was born and raised in Marin County, California where she still resides with her amazing husband and two lovely sons.

When she's not enjoying family time or burying her nose in her kindle she loves hiking, running and relaxing moments on the back porch with a glass of wine.