9.28.2016

Vicious Cycle by Katie Ashley

Author: Katie Ashley
Published: June 2, 2015


PURCHASE HERE:
{ iBOOKS / BARNES & NOBLE / KOBO / AMAZON }

New York Times bestselling author Katie Ashley revs up the danger and sexual tension in her brand-new Vicious Cycle romance series.

Deacon Malloy’s life is dedicated to the Hell’s Raiders motorcycle club. Tough, hard, and fast with his fists, he serves the group as sergeant at arms. But his devil-may-care approach to life is thrown for a loop when the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed lands on the club steps.

Alexandra Evans is devoted to all her students—but there’s always been something about Willow Malloy that tugs at her heart. There’s an aura of sadness about her, a girl in need of all the love Alexandra can give. When Willow stops coming to school, Alexandra’s search leads to a clubhouse full of bikers…and a father hell-bent on keeping his daughter always within sight.

The moment Deacon sees Alexandra, he has to have her in his bed—and he’s never met a woman yet who couldn’t be persuaded. No matter how attracted she is to Deacon, Alexandra refuses to be just another conquest. But it’s Deacon himself who could be seduced—into a brighter future for himself, his daughter, and the woman he’s falling for against all odds.

It feels like I am riding a roller coaster while I am reading this book. But just when I started to read the prologue, I just can’t put this book down. I feel like I am in Willow’s shoes. It was heartbreaking especially for a child to witness such a horrible experience.

Willow really likes Alexandra – who is her kindergarten teacher. Since Willow and Deacon finally meet, for four months, Willow didn’t ever mentioned even one word – until she met Alexandra. Due to some circumstances Willow wasn’t able to come to school and that made Alexandra decided to check on her. That is how Deacon and Alexandra meet.

Deacon at first was trying to push Alexandra and Rev – his brother – together. But as they both spend time, they can’t ignore the pull they have towards each other. Alexandra have this pull that makes him say things that he tried to keep as a secret. At first, I totally can’t understand Deacon’s reaction when he first saw Willow, I mean yes, given he doesn’t know that he has a kid, but not showing affection kinda a turn off for me. But later on, he slowly opened up to Willow in Deacon biker way. And I think what Deacon have been through is what made him built those walls and barely show any affection.

At first I like Alexandra’s character, such a strong heroine in the book, but later on she was like this hot and cold in her decision making. She just can’t stand her decision. But I guess she just throw those words in the heat of the moment but really didn’t mean them, and I myself can totally relate to her. She made some huge decisions and lied to Deacon just to have her revenge in which is totally a crazy and dangerous move, but in the end it made the club decide to take the right path and try to make their businesses legal.

I have read some MC books but this is the first MC book I’ve read that they are kinda doing illegal stuff. Sometimes I love them and sometimes I just felt like WTF is she/he doing? You know what I mean? But all in all, I like it.


KATIE ASHLEY

Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, and her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.

With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she spent 11 1/2 years educating the Youth of America aka teaching MS and HS English until she left to write full time in December 2012.