9.13.2016

Wrong Place, Right time by Elle Casey

Author: Elle Casey
Published: May 10, 2016


PURCHASE HERE:
{ iBOOKS / BARNES & NOBLE / AMAZON }

Jenny’s single-parent life revolves around her kids and her job, which means that hours of Animal Planet and strings of computer code are about all she has time for. Not that Jenny’s looking for adventure or romance—she’s the type of woman who believes in playing it safe.

When Jenny is called upon to do some consulting for the Bourbon Street Boys—a New Orleans private security firm—she knows she should stay away. They conduct surveillance on known criminals and put themselves in harm’s way pretty much every day, so No is the obvious answer…Problem is, there’s a guy on the team with a body to die for and a dimple that just won’t quit luring Jenny in, tempting her to throw all caution to the wind.

Will Jenny take the risk or will she do what she’s always done—play it safe and wait for the right time?

Where will I start?

This book is the second installment in the series. Unfortunately, I don’t like this books as much as I like the first one. The story is just all over the place. This is a story about Dev and Jenny but the story never focuses on them. I know BSB is a family, but it is more on Jenny’s situation. Not so much interaction from the other members.

Dev is a physical trainer of the BSB Security company. He is a 7 feet tall with a hot bod single dad.

Jenny is a program guro. A single mother of three, she doesn’t any life outside her house and her kids.

The BSB hired her to help Lucky one of the boys for a certain case. And that is where Dev and Jenny met.

Yes, there are funny interactions between the two and funny inner-ramblings of Jenny, but sad to say, the entire book is not as funny as the first one.😦

The story is just all over the place. Jenny’s kids, which I don’t mind. I would’ve love to read more interaction of Dev and Jenny and the kids more. They just have that one dinner and trick or treat thingy. There is not a lot of scene from Dev and Jenny and it kinda disappoints me.

There will be a third installment in the series, but I think I just have to wait until I feel like reading it.

This book is not bad. I believe it really depends in the reader’s preference but for me, I like it, but not so much. I will still read the book 3 and I believe book 4 is the last book with Thibault’s story.


ELLE CASEY

Elle Casey, a former attorney and teacher, is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling American author who lives in France with her husband, three kids, and a number of furry friends. She has written books in several genres and publishes an average of one full-length novel per month.