Title: Some Sort of Crazy
Series: Happy Crazy Love Book 2
Author: Melanie Harlow
Published: November 17, 2015

When a psychic tells Natalie Nixon her life is about to be upended by a mysterious stranger, she laughs it off. After all, she has everything she’s ever wanted—a successful bakery, a the perfect boyfriend, and the keys to her dream house.Who could possibly make her want to throw all that away?Then Miles Haas comes back to town.But he’s no stranger—they’ve known each other since high school. Plus, he’s only around for the summer, he’s still a shameless playboy, and he makes a living writing articles for a men’s magazine with titles like 'Should You Bang the Boss’s Daughter? A Flowchart' and 'Butt Stuff for Beginners: A Field Guide.'He’s not the man of her dreams, and she’s not about to abandon everything she’s worked so hard for just for a little fun. Except he makes her laugh like no one else, smells like heaven, and looks sexy as hell in those panty-melting glasses.
Some Sort of Crazy is the book 2 of Happy Crazy Love. This is a story about Miles and Natalie, who are best friends turned into lovers, who are given a second chance at love.
Miles is a writer who writes articles in men’s magazine while Natalie is a business owner. They have been friends since high school. They have feelings towards each other that is definitely beyond friendship but nobody is acting on it – until that one night.
What I like in this story is the BFF-turned-lovers stuff. It has been interesting because of that psychic woman who told Natalie that she will meet a mysterious stranger that will turn her world upside down. Little did she know that, that guy is not mysterious at all. It is her best friend, Miles Haas.
Natalie is in a relationship with a lying bastard. They have been together for years but the guy has been “doing it” with another woman. After all the years of WHAT IF’s, finally, they DID it (You know what I mean!).
I like that Miles is always there for her. Well, they have been best friends since way back then, but when they were adult, they never been that close.
Like this same old romance, when the playboy realizes he has fallen in love with the girl, he pushes her away. That was what happened. After a week of hot and steamy vacation with Natalie, Miles realizes that his feelings is deeper than what he thought and pushed her away.
Fast forward. Months later, Natalie found out she was pregnant and Miles realizes that he needs to do the right thing. Not because she is pregnant but because he loves her. And he grovels to win her back again.
There is no crazy or any interesting plot in the story. And I like it. This is one of those times that sometimes, I just don’t want to read heavy drama or heavy angst or any tear-jerker books. This book is really a sweet read. It is also humorous – as what I’ve observed and read reviews from Melanie Harlow fans – that Melanie Harlow writes sweet & humor-filled books. I have yet to read some of her books, so I can only say from what I have read from her – that is book is definitely sweet, sexy & humor-filled.
This book is a whirl-wind romance with humor in it (I know I keep on saying it, because there are A LOT of LOL in this book!). I love it that when they were together they still joke around like when they were just best friends.
If you want a simple, not complicated BFF-turned-lovers story, this is your book!
Miles is a writer who writes articles in men’s magazine while Natalie is a business owner. They have been friends since high school. They have feelings towards each other that is definitely beyond friendship but nobody is acting on it – until that one night.
What I like in this story is the BFF-turned-lovers stuff. It has been interesting because of that psychic woman who told Natalie that she will meet a mysterious stranger that will turn her world upside down. Little did she know that, that guy is not mysterious at all. It is her best friend, Miles Haas.
Natalie is in a relationship with a lying bastard. They have been together for years but the guy has been “doing it” with another woman. After all the years of WHAT IF’s, finally, they DID it (You know what I mean!).
I like that Miles is always there for her. Well, they have been best friends since way back then, but when they were adult, they never been that close.
Like this same old romance, when the playboy realizes he has fallen in love with the girl, he pushes her away. That was what happened. After a week of hot and steamy vacation with Natalie, Miles realizes that his feelings is deeper than what he thought and pushed her away.
Fast forward. Months later, Natalie found out she was pregnant and Miles realizes that he needs to do the right thing. Not because she is pregnant but because he loves her. And he grovels to win her back again.
There is no crazy or any interesting plot in the story. And I like it. This is one of those times that sometimes, I just don’t want to read heavy drama or heavy angst or any tear-jerker books. This book is really a sweet read. It is also humorous – as what I’ve observed and read reviews from Melanie Harlow fans – that Melanie Harlow writes sweet & humor-filled books. I have yet to read some of her books, so I can only say from what I have read from her – that is book is definitely sweet, sexy & humor-filled.
This book is a whirl-wind romance with humor in it (I know I keep on saying it, because there are A LOT of LOL in this book!). I love it that when they were together they still joke around like when they were just best friends.
If you want a simple, not complicated BFF-turned-lovers story, this is your book!

MELANIE HARLOW
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. Her stories are inspired by a sense of place, an appreciation for the past, and unexpected pleasures in life—especially the romantic kind. She lifts her glass to readers and writers from her home near Detroit, MI, where she lives with her husband and two daughters.